Ingredients ( 5 jars approximately)
• 400 g Alcachofas Dos Caballos
• 400 g yellow or green hot pepper
• 150 g hot spicy diablo/chirere
• 300 ml vegetable oil
• 200 ml canning oil from the Alcachofas Dos Caballos
• 375ml of wáter
• 425 ml transparent vinegar
• 1 onion
• 5 garlic cloves
• 5 medium size glass canning jars
• 1 spoonfull dry oregano
• 1 spoonfull seasalt
1. Sterilize the canning jars in boiling water for 20 minutes (use different pots for the jars and the caps) Then let cool at room temperature.
2. Cut alll the vegetables (including the Alcachofas Dos caballos) in julienne cut or slices, according to your prefence.
3. In a big pot, add all the liquids, salt, pepper and oregano. Put over médium heat and wait for it to boil.
4. As soon as it boils, add the rest of the ingredients ( except for the Alcachofas ) and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Turn off the heat, add the alcachofas and cover the pot. Wait 5 more minutes.
6. With the help of a ladle with holes, fill the jars with the vegetables. And finally pour the remaining liquid in the jars.
7. Wait 5 days before consuming..